The Michael Lorenzen Foundation is proud to offer a college scholarship program for those on the Autism spectrum. We have witnessed the struggles that Autism presents and also seen the passion and dedication that envelops these particular students. For the academic year 2024-2025 we will be doing ten scholarships of equal amount. The amount is to be determined based on fundraising success between now and April of 2024.
We invite you to submit an application if you meet the following criteria:
- Diagnosed with ASD.
- Enrolled in or accepted to an accredited school.
- A U.S. citizen.
- Either a recent high school graduate or a current undergraduate.
During our selection process, the Board Members of the Michael Lorenzen Foundation will be making our determination of the award winners based on the following criteria:
- Meeting the criteria as outlined above.
- Completion and Submission of the Application Specifications as outlined on the Application Form by the deadlines presented below.
- An articulate and clear essay explaining and outlining the answers to the proposed question. We will be looking for your unique personality and what makes your experience special. Please try to include something that makes you stand out from the other applicants. The Board is looking to learn something about you as a person.
Please remember that if awarded scholarship funds, you will be representing Michael Lorenzen and his legacy; something that is very dear to our hearts.
To qualify, please print out the Application Form and mail it to the designated address with the following requirements:
1) A letter of recommendation from a teacher or therapist.
2) A letter from a doctor or therapist confirming your diagnosis of Autism.
3) A copy of your high school transcript.
4) Your application essay. Your essay should be approximately 600 words and should address your answer to the one of the following questions:
- What does it mean to you to be going to college?
- What was your biggest accomplishment in school?
- What do you see yourself doing in 10 years?
Please mail application and additional materials to:
Michael Lorenzen Foundation: Applicant Submissions
21 Partridge Drive
Exeter, Rhode Island 02822
Applications will be accepted from September 1, 2023 thru January 31, 2024.
Those that have been awarded funding will be notified by May 14, 2024. Please note, we understand not all acceptances are received by this time. Scholarship recipients will need to provide a copy of their college acceptance letter will need to be provided prior to distribution of funds.