The Michael Lorenzen Foundation is proud to offer a college scholarship program for those on the Autism spectrum. We have witnessed the struggles that Autism presents and also seen the passion and dedication that envelops these particular students. We are honored to be able to offer scholarships of up to $1000 per student for the 2020-2021 academic year.
We invite you to submit an application if you meet the following criteria:
- Diagnosed with ASD.
- Enrolled in or accepted to an accredited school.
- A U.S. citizen.
- Either a recent high school graduate or a current undergraduate.
During our selection process, the Board Members of the Michael Lorenzen Foundation will be making our determination of the award winners based on the following criteria:
- Meeting the criteria as outlined above.
- Completion and Submission of the Application Specifications as outlined on the Application Form by the deadlines presented below.
- An articulate and clear essay explaining and outlining the answers to the proposed question. We will be looking for your unique personality and what makes your experience special. Please try to include something that makes you stand out from the other applicants. The Board is looking to learn something about you as a person.
Please remember that if awarded scholarship funds, you will be representing Michael Lorenzen and his legacy; something that is very dear to our hearts.
To qualify, please submit the Application Form with the following requirements:
1) A letter of recommendation from a teacher or therapist.
2) A letter from a doctor or therapist confirming your diagnosis of Autism.
3) A copy of your high school transcript.
4) Your application essay. Your essay should be approximately 600 words and should address your answer to the one of the following questions:
- What does it mean to you to be going to college?
- What was your biggest accomplishment in school?
- What do you see yourself doing in 10 years?
Please mail application and additional materials to:
Michael Lorenzen Foundation: Applicant Submissions
21 Partridge Drive
Exeter, Rhode Island 02822
Applications will be accepted from September 1, 2019 thru January 31, 2020.
Those that have been awarded funding will be notified by May 14, 2020. Please note, a copy of your college acceptance letter will need to be provided prior to distribution of funds.